[Owasp-modsecurity-core-rule-set] XSS false negative ?

Chaim Sanders chaim at chaimsanders.com
Thu Jul 13 03:09:57 UTC 2017

Hey Subin,
Long time no speak. It does indeed look as if PL1 of CRS 3.0 doesn't catch
that. PL2 catches it with rule 942340, 942370, and 942430. It might be
worth looking into trying to add some logic that isn't false positive prone
to PL1. In this case it'll be tricky as it appears that the XSS triggered
here would be in the javascript context already. Any thoughts?

--
--
Chaim Sanders