[Owasp-modsecurity-core-rule-set] Handling mod security as a firewall for all kind of web sites

Leos Rivas Manuel Manuel.LeosRivas at gemalto.com
Wed Mar 2 06:52:53 UTC 2016

Hi,

I will recommend to
- use separate logs per website,
- group them by type and create a configurationfile for it
- use includes with all common rules to disable and include it on the website conf so you can change one file and impact the whole group
- have a super set of conf rules at server context level for all rule adjustments that apply to every website
- apply crs on vhosts basis
- start with a relaxed policy and work the conf to be more strict as you get to know better your traffic

Regards,
Manuel

Envoyé de mon Galaxy S5 4G+ Orange