[Owasp-modsecurity-core-rule-set] OWASP CRS Version 3.0 RC1 Rules 930100, 930110

Gary Tam gary.tam at ges.com.hk
Mon Aug 29 04:20:19 UTC 2016

Dear Genius,

I am a beginner in Owasp-modsecurity.  I have just done the modsecurity
installation on my windows server (i.e. Windows 2008 with IIS 7.5).  It is
observed that there is a windows event log error when enabled the
"experimental_rules" as below:

Syntax error in config file C:\/Program Files/ModSecurity
IIS/owasp_crs/experimental_rules/modsecurity_crs_61_ip_forensics.conf, line
34: Could not open geo database
"/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec_current/base_rules/GeoLiteCity.dat": The
system cannot find the path specified.

Of coz I know it is needed to emend the file path from linux to windows
syntax, but i could not find the GeoLiteCity.dat in my windows server.
Would you guys help to check and advise?

Many thanks!

Best Regards,

Gary Tam