[Owasp-modsecurity-core-rule-set] Initial report

Bill Miller wbmilleriii at comcast.net
Fri Aug 19 23:05:50 UTC 2016

I was able to install CRS 3.0 on my Ubuntu Apache 2.4 system.

After a few hours of troubleshooting, I have all the REQUESTs working
successfully except REQUEST-920-PROTOCOL-ENFORCEMENT.conf and
RESPONSE-950-DATA-LEAKAGES.conf.  They are causing Modsecurity to throw
syntax errors of the form "Found another rule with the same id".  The
rules in question are 920011 and 950020.

This is early info and I've done no additional troubleshooting. Since I
am still running CRS 2.9, that may be where the conflict is.  Or some
other configuration problem on my side.

Cheers,
Bill