[Owasp-modsecurity-core-rule-set] PCRE limits error

Avi Rosenblatt avi at greensmoke.net
Wed Nov 21 16:02:27 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm getting a lot of 'PCRE limits exceeded' specifically with modsecurity_crs_41_sql_injection_attacks.conf line 77 (owasp crs v2.2.5)
Some of the hits are legitimate and some are attacks. If the attack gets this error, does that mean it's not blocked(I'm currently running in DetectionOnly mode)? I'm playing with the PCRE limits config params and at 50,000 I'm still getting this message.
Thanx in advance for the help.

Avi Rosenblatt