[Owasp-modsecurity-core-rule-set] restricted extensions

James Muse jfmtopnettlc at gmail.com
Tue May 25 11:25:47 EDT 2010

Moderator,

I am having an issue with the restricted_extensions variable and core rule
file modsecurity_crs_30_http_policy.conf line 87.  One of my applications
uses the file extension .do and there appears to be a .dos in the
restricted extensions list.. The audit log shows the extension as [data
".do"]  do is not in the restricted_extension list .dos is.  When I remove
.dos from the restricted extensions I no longer have this issue.  May be I
don't understand the within operator but do is no the same as dos.  Is there
a bug here or am I doing something wrong?  I think I would like to keep dos
and an extension I would like to block but it appears to be causing and
issue with my application which uses .do

James