[Owasp-london] Full time C programmer position in London (for work on ModSecurity)
ivanr at webkreator.com
Mon Oct 30 05:24:16 EST 2006
I am looking for a C developer to work on ModSecurity, the open source web application
firewall. This is a full time position for someone based in or around London, willing to
commute to west London (most likely the Ealing Broadway area).
The following is the list of relevant skills:
1. Good C language programming skills.
2. Ability to write clean, understandable, documented, and, above
everything else, *secure* code.
3. Familiarity with good software design/engineering practices:
configuration management, test-driven development, defect
4. Good understanding of network protocols and the Internet.
5. Very good understanding of HTTP.
6. Very good understanding of web application security issues.
7. Familiarity with network and Unix programming. Exposure to the
Microsoft tool chain is a plus.
8. Ability to work independently but also work as a team member.
10. Knowledge of the Apache web server, the APR, and the IIS is
11. Fluent English.
I will consider candidates of various skill levels. I am also keen to find the right
candidate. Please send your CVs to my email address and also include your list of favourite
books relevant to the job (but feel free to include other books you feel strongly about).
It is worth noting that the entire department is going to consist of a small number of
developers. This is, therefore, a good opportunity for someone to enjoy a quiet environment
and immerse himself (or herself) in the work.
More information about the Owasp-london