[Owasp-live-cd-2008-project] Ubuntu conversion -> Coming soon

OWASP Live CD 2008 Project owasp-live-cd-2008-project at lists.owasp.org
Thu Jan 7 08:53:08 EST 2010

Mordecai:  I did see your announcement and Vicnum is on the short list
of packages to create for the next release.

As long as I'm talking about packages, here's the quick plan on
conversion:

(1) take all the existing .lzm SLAX packages and convert them to .debs
(2) Make sure this works with equivalent functionality as the last
release - call this a 'Beta' release [*]
(3) Package some new, cool stuff
(4) Generate the new, 'official' release.

I want to make sure there isn't any regression in function between SLAX
and Ubuntu - hence (2).  As it stands now, there should be a good deal
of additional polish.

[*] Kinda like Google's Gmail was 'Beta' - though our beta period won't
be years ;)

Cheers!

--
-- Matt Tesauro