[Owasp-leaders] Security101 - Are .NET ASMX WebServices vulnerable to CSRF

Michael Hidalgo Fallas michael.hidalgo at owasp.org
Thu Feb 9 16:24:08 UTC 2012

Dinnis,
Had I been paying attention, I would have noticed that Troy Hunt did write
a very interesting article about  Cross-Site Request Forgery. I believe
this article describes an scenario about executing Web Services via MS Ajax
engine. I know your question if focused on JQuery, but the mechanism should
be the same.  When using SOAP over HTTP you limit your self to use POST as
the default method. So the approach in  MS Ajax mechanisms or JQuery calls
should be similar.

http://www.troyhunt.com/2010/11/owasp-top-10-for-net-developers-part-5.html

The article is very complete. Maybe this does not answer your question, but
I may be helpful.

Thank you.