[Owasp-leaders] European Directive on Consumer Rights and software security

Lucas Ferreira lucas.ferreira at owasp.org
Wed Mar 23 10:09:33 EDT 2011

Hello fellow leaders,

I read some news about software being included in the European Directive on
Consumer Rights (
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?type=REPORT&reference=A7-2011-0038&language=EN)
and it stated that software makers would be help responsible for defects in
their products. Does any of our European leaders have more information about
this and its possible implications on the software market (specially
regarding software security)?

Is it possible to have an official OWASP position about this legislation?
IMHO, OWASP should be involved in any initiatives that can help improving
software security.

Regards,

Lucas

PS: the news I saw about this directive is in Portuguese here:
http://tek.sapo.pt/noticias/negocios/directiva_europeia_responsabiliza_fabricantes_1138588.html

--
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.