[Owasp-leaders] Rochester Security Summit 2011 CFP
andrea.cogliati at owasp.org
Tue Apr 26 15:51:42 EDT 2011
*** CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS ***
Rochester Security Summit October 4th-5th, 2011 Rochester, NY http://RochesterSecurity.org
We are pleased to announce that the sixth annual Rochester Security Summit is being planned for October 4-5, 2011 in Rochester, NY at the beautiful and totally renovated Hyatt Regency Rochester. This year’s theme is “Security Sanity” with Marcus J. Ranum as our keynote speaker. The Rochester Security Summit is the premiere IT security event in Upstate/Western NY.
In 2010 the Rochester Security Summit gathered more than 200 attendees, including executives from Fortune 500 firms, information security professionals, auditors, developers and software architects. We had 26 outstanding presentations, a sold-out Capture the Flag (a.k.a. Ethical Hacking 101) event and an extremely well received end panel with representatives of the 3 sponsoring organizations, ISSA, ISACA and OWASP.
The Rochester Security Summit is currently soliciting presentations from researchers, academia and industry for the 3 main tracks: Business Professional, Technical Professional and Software Professional. If you believe you have a significant research or technical presentation that the security community would value and enjoy hearing, we invite you to submit your presentation topic for consideration.
All three tracks will consist of presentations in 50-minute blocks, including Q&A. Presentations may be allowed to span two blocks to accommodate topic exploration to different depths if the committee sees the merit in the longer time allotment.
- Please submit your proposal before June 30th
- We will respond to proposals by July 30th
- Draft copy of the slides for the papers must be submitted by August 26th
- Final submissions are due by September 23rd
Please review the speaker guidelines on the web site, http://rochestersecurity.org/speakers/speaker-guidelines.html before submitting a proposal.
Proposals may be submitted via e-mail to present2011 at rochestersecurity.org
Summit attendees are a mix of technical security professionals, vendors, programmers, web application developers, security testers, students, network administrators and IT executives. Preference will be given to speakers who can present innovative technical content to a broad technical audience. Of course, all presentations are expected to challenge the brightest and quickest of attendees.
The Rochester Security Summit is not a vendor fest. There is zero tolerance for heavy commercial content in presentations. Presenters are expected to avoid any marketing that is not immediately backed up with rationale for its inclusion.
Proposals should consist of the following information:
1. Presenter and contact info (country of origin and residence-mail, postal address, phone, fax).
2. Employer and/or affiliations.
3. Brief biography, list of publications and papers.
4. Any significant presentation and educational experience/background.
5. Topic synopsis, proposed paper title, and a one paragraph description.
6. Reason why this material is innovative or significant or an important tutorial.
7. Optionally, any samples of prepared material or outlines ready.
8. Will you have full text available or only slides?
9. Please list any other publications or conferences where this material has been or will be published or submitted.
10. If you think a second 50-minute block will be required to do your topic justice, please let us know and give a rationale for the longer format.
Please include the plain text version of this information in your email as well as any file, pdf, sxw, ppt, or html attachments.
Please forward the above information to present2011 at rochestersecurity.org
For more event information, or to register, visit us online at http://rochestersecurity.org/.
Rochester Security Summit Organizing Committee
More information about the OWASP-Leaders