[Owasp-leaders] OWASP Academies.

Konstantinos Papapanagiotou conpap at di.uoa.gr
Thu Oct 21 12:52:35 EDT 2010

Hi Sandra and welcome!

For the past 4-5 years I've been giving some lectures at the Department
of Informatics, University of Athens Greece (http://www.di.uoa.gr) as
part of the module "Information Systems Security" for the postgraduage
and undergraduate degree. These modules are tought on a 3-hour per week
basis. Usually I spend one lesson on web application security where
practically I present OWASP Top 10, giving some practical examples using
WebGoat and WebScarab. Depending on the available time the interest that
students demonstrate and also their background I expand on other
projects too such as OpenSAMM, ESAPI, Testing Guide, etc. I have put
together some slides for it but unfortunately they are in Greek.

At the same time, I have contacts with at least 4 universities in Greece
and the people that teach info-sec modules. For example, Vasileios
Vlachos (cc-ed), member of the Greek chapter committee is teaching such
modules at the Technological Educational Istitute of Larissa
(http://www.teilar.gr) and uses a very similar presentation. We are
already planning on expanding this initiative to other greek
universities.

Thus, I am more than willing to contribute to OWASP Academies in any way
I can.

Best regards,

Kostas