[Owasp-leaders] Can someone summarize "OWASP Gate"?

Paolo Perego thesp0nge at owasp.org
Thu Jul 8 03:05:13 EDT 2010

Hi all, I followed the thread but I'm not sure I understood all that
behind the scene.

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Jeff Williams <jeff.williams at owasp.org> wrote:

> Essentially, the Google Hacking project has been presented at several
> conferences, but the underlying source code was not available anywhere. The
> explanation was that Google has stopped supporting the API the tool uses.
What about the assessment criteria?
Since all Owasp projects (AFAIK) were being assessed last year, also
this one was already prompted for source code and since it's missing,
marked as alpha release quality.
Am I missing something?
( maybe yes and sorry for that :-) )

> The code has now been released, but there are still some questions revolving
> around the project and whether there was any abuse.
So there's something behind the 'australian' scene we (leaders) were
not aware of?

> As a large distributed community, we can expect occasional allegations of
> abuse of our principles, ethics, and brand. The important thing to remember
About that topic, in front of a beer I can talk at least an hour...

> Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas.  Thanks,
I'm really interested in having a clear explanation, when the inquiry
will be over, on about which kind of abuses had done :-)

Paolo

--
"... static analysis is fun, again!"

OWASP Orizon project leader, http://github.com/owasp-orizon