[Owasp-leaders] What's the "catalyst" project all about?

McGovern, James F (HTSC, IT) James.McGovern at thehartford.com
Mon Jul 13 09:29:13 EDT 2009

In order for maturity models to gain the popularity of the Top Ten, the
following needs to occur:

1. It needs to be promoted outside of the security community. OWASP
should issue a press release for its announcement that is targeted at
magazines CIO types read.
2. Some feel that PCI incorrectly references the OWASP Top Ten and
instead should point to ASVS. We need to pitch the fact that security is
an ongoing concern that needs to be measured based on continual
improvement to PCI and suggest OpenSAMM
3. We need to dedicate a day named: OWASP Security Maturity Day and
encourage all OWASP participants to use a #opensamm on Twitter and watch
it rise, such that others will also participate.

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.