[Owasp-leaders] Unlinked Pages

Jason Li li.jason.c at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:48:09 EDT 2009

Leaders,

A month or two back, someone on the list brought up the fact that
there are links to OWASP resources in documents published by other
organizations. (Apologies to the individual that brought it up but I
can't remember who and I can't find the email).

If we start deleting pages or don't do a good job of maintaining the
content on the page, then we're wasting the free publicity that we get
when another organization references OWASP. Or even worse, we harming
our own reputation as the GoTo resource for Web Application Security.

Case in point, I was going through the Application Security and
Development Security Technical Implementation Guide put out by the US
Defense Information Systems Agency. It's basically their guide for
creating secure applications.

There are multiple links to OWASP pages in the document - which
potentially means lots and lots of clicks from organizations that have
to comply with this guide. One of the pages referenced in this
document is currently "Marked for Deletion".  That's not a good place
to be for a page that's referenced outside of OWASP like this.

For all the pages referenced in this particular documented, I've added
a category tag "Externally Linked Page"
(https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:Externally_Linked_Page)

I think it would be a good idea for us to go through and label any
other pages so we can keep better track of OWASP's image.

Thoughts?
--
-Jason Li-
-jason.li at owasp.org-