[Owasp-leaders] [OWASP-LEADERS] Home for Live CD

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Tue Jul 18 10:59:05 EDT 2006

One reason I can think of straight off the top of my head is my
Bank's IT security policy explicitly forbades the use of P2P file
sharing software, under the pain of being sacked.

I bet many other firms have similar (if misguided) policies. The IT
security policy shouldn't be about preventing P2P file sharing, but
the *illegal* use of such technologies. Obviously, our legal beagles
decided it was easier to just outright ban the software rather than
police the IP issues involved.

I didn't write the policy, I'm just letting you know.

We could provide a Torrent, but I wouldn't want it to be the only way
to get the files.

thanks,
Andrew