[Owasp-hartford] Job: Database Architect - Bedford, MA - RSA/EMC
mitchell.schneir at rsa.com
mitchell.schneir at rsa.com
Thu Oct 22 12:34:56 EDT 2009
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security
solutions for business acceleration, helping the world's leading
organizations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive
security challenges. RSA's information-centric approach to security
guards the integrity and confidentiality of information throughout its
lifecycle - no matter where it moves, who accesses it or how it is used.
RSA offers industry-leading solutions in identity assurance & access
control, data loss prevention, encryption & key management, compliance &
security information management and fraud protection. These solutions
bring trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they
perform, and the data that is generated. For more information, please
visit www.RSA.com <http://www.rsa.com/> and www.EMC.com
Work as a key contributor to the next generation security and
information event management platform. Provide technical leadership in
developing solutions to complex business and software engineering
problems requiring advanced database technology. Consult on and carry
out R&D projects requiring data storage and/or business intelligence
expertise, directing the work of other engineering and technical
personnel. Interact regularly with product architecture team and senior
management to build consensus regarding project & technical direction.
Assignments may include new products as well as upgrades, and
enhancements or fixes to existing products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assume the role of in-house expert for design, implementation
and technical oversight of physical storage solutions for all
* Owns physical data models, metadata
* Conceive and propose enhancements and guide their
implementation to a final product or system according to industry
* Provides technical leadership in accomplishing project goals.
Assist in development of detailed project plans and provide inputs to
manager regarding individual employee performance against project goals.
* Provide consulting level support when necessary to assist
continuing engineering team to troubleshoot and resolve database-related
* Research, evaluate and report on new technologies for
potential adoption into the product, taking product strategy and
direction into account.
* Analyze product performance and scalability, and provide
recommendations on data layer performance optimization opportunities and
* Writes architecture, function, and design specifications.
Code and debug complex software, often involving novel techniques.
Prepares diagnostic programs for evaluation of complex software, where
special tool building or advances techniques are required.
* Creates, understands and enforces database development
standards around coding, naming , database access, migration,
replication, security, storage, availability
* 8-10 years of hands-on industry experience working with
enterprise-class database systems/applications with at least 4 years
filling the role of database technical lead or consultant.
* 5-10 years experience with SQL, design of physical data
schemas, stored procedures, etc.
* Experience in storing, indexing and searching unstructured
data. Knowledge of Data Warehousing (i.e. ETL, ROLAP) and analytics a
* Experience with Oracle 10g, Sybase (SQL Anywhere)
* Experience developing highly-available, reliable,
load-balanced & distributed applications. Experience with database
* Experience modeling database growth to develop database
capacity metrics and recommendations.
* B.S. in Computer Science, M.S preferred.
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength
diversity brings to the workplace.
EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to
any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "EMC Agency
For more information contact Mitchell Schneir, Engineering Recruiting
Consultant at RSA, The Security Division of EMC, (781) 515-7031 or email
at mschneir at rsa.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-hartford