[Owasp-hartford] Job: Principal Security Engineer - Hopkinton, MA - RSA/EMC
mitchell.schneir at rsa.com
mitchell.schneir at rsa.com
Thu Oct 22 12:31:00 EDT 2009
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security
solutions for business acceleration, helping the world's leading
organizations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive
security challenges. RSA's information-centric approach to security
guards the integrity and confidentiality of information throughout its
lifecycle - no matter where it moves, who accesses it or how it is used.
RSA offers industry-leading solutions in identity assurance & access
control, data loss prevention, encryption & key management, compliance &
security information management and fraud protection. These solutions
bring trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they
perform, and the data that is generated. For more information, please
visit www.RSA.com <http://www.rsa.com/> and www.EMC.com
This position is part of the EMC Product Security Office (PSO). In
conjunction with customers and leaders of other EMC business units, the
PSO defines and maintains EMC's Product Security Policy. It also
conducts security training for Engineering, and it implements the
Security Development Lifecycle across engineering groups to ensure they
deliver secure products. The PSO delivers the Common Security Platform
and ensures consistent security product and technology adoption across
EMC. Finally, the PSO coordinates product security certifications and,
as needed, manages EMC's responses to product security vulnerabilities.
Not only does the team help EMC to deliver secure information
infrastructure offerings to customers, but it also supports EMC's
security thought leadership position by participating actively in
industry groups such as SAFECode. The members of the PSO are committed
to raising visibility in the marketplace for EMC and RSA Security
solutions, and they work daily to tighten the association of security
with the overall EMC brand
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* May be accountable for overall product and/or serve as a
customer advocate, may represent organization as principal customer
* Collaborates well with other engineers and other engineering
groups, voluntarily shares information.
* Offers proposed design changes/suggestions to processes and
products, exerts significant latitude in determining objectives of an
* Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical
objectives, without appreciable direction.
* Writes functional detailed design specs as well as responding
to requirement documents and system level test plans.
* Significant contributor to organizational goals and
* Build high level security design, development and testing
strategy by closely working with computer programmers, security
engineers, system analysts and other computer-related workers
* Drive the direction and roll-out of EMC's Security Development
Lifecycle (SDL) to ensure that security is built into EMC's product
* Be the SDL evangelist for EMC business units and work across
EMC product groups as the subject matter expert on SDL
* Act as the EMC representative to collaborate with other
industry experts on SDL
* Work with EMC product lines to define their SDL adoption
* Work and collaborate with other members of the EMC Product
Security office to develop tools and services for the successful
implementation of SDL at EMC
* 6 to 8 years of experience
* Broad knowledge of all aspects of information security.
Industry certifications: GIAC, CISA and/or CISSP, CSSLP preferred
* Project management skills.
* Understanding of business environment.
* Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Communication skills.
* Presentation skills.
* Ability to influence others to achieve results.
* Master - Preferred
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength
diversity brings to the workplace.
EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to
any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "EMC Agency
For more information contact Mitchell Schneir, Engineering Recruiting
Consultant at RSA, The Security Division of EMC, (781) 515-7031 or email
at mschneir at rsa.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-hartford