[Owasp-guide] progress

Boberski, Michael [USA] boberski_michael at bah.com
Wed Mar 31 08:23:08 EDT 2010

I'm not sure a lot of this stuff is intuitively obvious to developers who don't do this stuff for a living, I think it's important to be methodical about building out the sections. Check out the level of detail in e.g. the so-called OWASP "cheat sheets", maybe see what I mean, they're several pages not one line that says "just escape it".

Yes, to simplify and to be clear, everyone needs to stick with ASVS as-is for a first draft. Then you'll have a basis for arguing for changes or enhancements. There's too much to do to start going off-road.

Best,

Mike B.