[Owasp-guide] Step 6: Email the list weekly with your status
Boberski, Michael [USA]
boberski_michael at bah.com
Fri Mar 12 12:38:51 EST 2010
Hi Clint. Thanks for checking in, and for the update!
Let me know if any problems with the SVN. I'm using TortoiseSVN on Windows, works well.
From: Clint Laskowski [mailto:clint.laskowski at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:00 PM
To: Boberski, Michael [USA]
Cc: owasp-guide at lists.owasp.org
Subject: Re: [Owasp-guide] Step 6: Email the list weekly with your status
Status Update - Clint Laskowski - March 11, 2010
- I've joined the mail-list
- I've made Mike Boberski aware of my interest in helping the OWASP Development Guide project
- I've been assigned to the Security Architecture section of the guide [OWASP-100]
- I've let the leader of that section know of my interest in helping
- Yesterday I heard back from the OWASP-100 section lead (sorry, name is not available to me right now)
- I'm expecting an assignment or I will propose a task in the next few days and begin working on it
- My thought is to start building an outline for the section
- I have not gotten SVN to work with Google Code yet, but I only spent 5 minutes on it
- I'm sure I'll get SVN working tontie
Clint Laskowski, CISSP
email: clint.laskowski at gmail.com<mailto:clint.laskowski at gmail.com>
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Boberski, Michael [USA] <boberski_michael at bah.com<mailto:boberski_michael at bah.com>> wrote:
A gentle reminder:
Step 6: Email the list weekly with your status
Mike sends out a project status email once a week. Please email the OWASP Development Guide with a brief summary of what you worked on during the past week, what you plan on working on the next, and any issues or requests for assistance. Please try to email your status by COB Thursday Eastern time (Mike is located in the greater Washington DC area).
Tough for me to e.g. help anyone or to help folks understand what each other is up to without doing this, since the team is so distributed. Please see the following for more information: http://owasp-development-guide.googlecode.com/files/development-guide-contributing.pdf
Additional project controls can (and will) be added if necessary, but I'm trying to slow-roll such things, to give teams a chance to self-organize and take ownership of their sections and their efforts, and to carve out some time out of their schedules to work on this.
E.g., I see for example some good work on OWASP-0800 based on SVN updates. I'd love to hear what's the latest for this! Couple sentences, not a dissertation, although I am one who appreciates detail.
A postscript, less gentle: DO NOT WORRY ABOUT "SPAMMING" THE LIST. I AM SPECIFICALLY ASKING YOU AS CONTRIBUTORS TO EMAIL IT WITH NEWS ABOUT YOUR GOOD WORKS AND TO USE THE LIST FOR DISCUSSIONS!! HOW YOU HANDLE SOMETHING IN ONE SECTION MAY NOT BE IMMEDIATELY OBVIOUS TO YOU HOW IT MAY BE RELEVANT TO SOMEONE ON ANOTHER SECTION, BUT SOMEONE WORKING ON THE OTHER SECTION MAY THEMSELVES SEE HOW YOUR GOOD WORK COULD HELP THEM OUT.
Owasp-guide mailing list
Owasp-guide at lists.owasp.org<mailto:Owasp-guide at lists.owasp.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-guide