[OWASP-ESAPI] OWASP-ESAPI Digest, Vol 26, Issue 20

Craig Younkins craig.younkins at owasp.org
Sat Nov 7 15:57:19 EST 2009

+1 for the distributed model of SCM, but git may not be the best choice for
a couple reasons. First, Windows support is not very good. It came out of a
need for Linux kernel source management after all. Second, it is not
supported by Google Code, where most if not all ESAPI projects are hosted.

I strongly recommend Mercurial (http://mercurial.selenic.com/) for it's
great cross-platform support and integration with Google Code. It's similar
to git in design and capability. I'm using it for ESAPI on Python, and have
been very happy with it.

Commit often and remember where you were. Make use of branches to hack out
features in parallel, and easily merge the branch back in to trunk. Check
out Mercurial. You'll be glad you did.

--

Craig Younkins
Mobile: (301) 520-0463