[OCC] AppSec USA: Connecting Job Oportunities

dinis cruz dinis.cruz at owasp.org
Fri Sep 3 07:55:19 EDT 2010

On the twittersphere yesterday there was a thread about Job oportunities at
Irvine, and I think we need to try to make it happen

The NYC chapter has a good way of doing this where they get the people who
are hiring to say what they are looking for (Tom can you share more
details?)

I think we could do something similar, with the following caveats (CCing Tin
and Cassio):

   - Only OWASP members (Corporate or Individual) and leaders could play
   this game (i.e. add their name to one of the lists)
   - Only Attendees of the AppSec Conference can play the game
   - All information provided is on-the-record and is going to go on the
   OWASP Wiki (special page for the conference)
   - Companies with Job offers should list:
      - Type of Job
      - What skills are they looking for
      - Job Perks
      - Location
      - How much they would support OWASP activities while on the job
      (working on projects, participating on conferences, being as Committee
      member, etc..)
      - OWASP leaders and conference participants should be able to put
   themselves forward as 'available for hire':
   - List the type of job they are looking for, where they would like to
      work (or travel to) and what type of contract they want (FTE, 1
to 6 month
      FT contract, freelance work)
      - Only Individuals should be allowed to do this (i.e. not AppSec
      companies looking for work)
   - There must be a personal/direct contact with any reference
   - No Recruitment companies (or somebody proxying as one) will be allowed
   - We will monitor for abuses

What do you think?

Dinis Cruz