[Owasp-cincinnati] Press Release - OWASP Summer of Code 2008
Marco M. Morana
marco.m.morana at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 19:34:25 EST 2008
OWASP Summer of Code 2008 - Sponsorship Initiative
* The <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Summer_of_Code_2008>
OWASP Summer of Code 2008 (SoC 2008) aims to financially sponsor
contributions to OWASP Projects. SoC 2008 follows the previous OWASP
<http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Spring_Of_Code_2007> Spring of Code
2007, in which 21 projects were sponsored with a budget of $117,500, and the
OWASP <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Owasp_Autumn_Of_Code_2006> Autumn of
Code 2006, in which 9 projects were sponsored with a budget of $20,000.
* The SoC 2008 is an open sponsorship program were
participants/developers are paid to work on OWASP (and web security) related
* The SoC 2008 is also an opportunity for external individual or
company sponsors to challenge the participants/developers to work in areas
in which they are willing to invest additional funding, provided that these
areas are relevant and beneficial to the OWASP community.
* The initial Budget for SoC 2008 will be $100,000 and it is funded by
OWASP using current membership fees and profits from past conferences. In
parallel with the Request for Proposals, OWASP would like to invite
individuals and companies that benefit from OWASP projects to join OWASP as
a member. In addition to the current Membership benefits, the new OWASP
members will be able to allocate membership fees to SoC 2008 projects they
are interested in.
* There is no geographical, age or any other form of restrictions to
who can apply for an "OWASP Summer of Code 2008" sponsorship. The only
requirement is that the candidate shows the potential to accomplish the
project's objectives and the commitment to dedicate the time required to
complete it in the allocated time frame (projects must be completed by 30th
* Prospective candidates should visit SoC 2008
<https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Summer_of_Code_2008> page for more
* 1st March - SoC 2008 season of code is officially launched. Start
date for submitting applications.
* 25th March - Deadline for project applications.
* 2nd April - Publishing of selected applications and start of SoC
* 30th May - Participants to report on project status.
* 30th August - SoC 2008 project completion. Participants should
deliver final project report.
* The OWASP Summer of Code 2008 Project Leader Dinis Cruz
<mailto:Dinis.Cruz at owasp.org> and the Project Manager Paulo Coimbra
<mailto:paulo.coimbra at owasp.org> , both based in London - UK, can be
contacted for further details.
* The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a
not-for-profit foundation dedicated to enabling organizations to develop,
purchase, and maintain applications that can be trusted. OWASP's open source
projects and local chapters produce free, unbiased, open-source
documentation and tools. The OWASP community also facilitates conferences,
local chapters, papers, presentations, and mailing lists. More information
can be found at OWASP <http://www.owasp.org> .
OWASP Project Manager
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-cincinnati