[OWASP-Chapters] Membership plan update

Jeff Williams jeff.williams at aspectsecurity.com
Mon Jun 6 11:37:01 EDT 2005

Hi Ofer,

Thanks for the message.  I will think about how the plan can support very
small consulting shops better. I like the early-bird and activity discount
ideas a lot. I think we can investigate chapter fees and include them in the
future.

MANY organizations DO have problems with open-source licensed software. They
want to use and customize OWASP materials, but worry that they might be
violating the open source licenses when they redistribute internally. The
commercial license is just an option for organizations that 1) have an
aversion to open-source licenses, 2) need a single license instead of a
collection of licenses, or 3) want a way to support OWASP but need something
tangible in return.

Consulting organizations are not being forced to buy a membership and they
could continue to free-ride on OWASP. But I think they should get a
membership if they want to use the OWASP Materials in offering their
services.  Participation in OWASP is a great way to build a reputation in
the community and grow your consulting business.

--Jeff