[Owasp-cert] Diversification

Christian Wenz chw at hauser-wenz.de
Thu Jul 24 08:29:18 EDT 2008

You mean diversification by providing several flavors of the exam? Hmm, not sure about that. More language flavors usually means higher costs. How about just avoiding ambiguous wordings; often that’s something the psychometrics also enforce. It might make more sense to focus on the key languages for exams. Other companies providing exams either only provide an English version or they translate it into Japanese, then Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German. I guess that for a first version English is good enough. Or maybe I misunderstood your intentions completely ;)

--Christian

I believe diversification is important and want to ensure that we aren't doing anything that is either US-centric or European centric and hope to find someone from India, Pakistan, Israel, China, South America, etc to participate. I pinged several folks at work and asked there perspective on certification, and they noted the UK english vs US english challenge that sometimes causes misunderstanding and therefore wanted to solve for this via diversification.