[OWASP-Brasilia] Fwd: [Owasp-leaders] OWASP Board Election Update

Lucas Ferreira lucas.ferreira em owasp.org
Terça Março 22 08:35:01 EDT 2011

Aviso sobre as futuras eleições no OWASP.

Lucas

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Brennan <tomb em owasp.org>
Date: Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 00:08
Subject: [Owasp-leaders] OWASP Board Election Update
To: owasp-leaders em lists.owasp.org

I wanted to provide a status update to everyone on the OWASP-Leaders list to
communicate to your respective chapters via fwd or repost to OWASP
Blog/Twitter etc..

1.  Currently there is a volunteer team assembled and working with Kate
Hartmann on Version 3.0 of the OWASP Bylaws (current ones:
http://www.owasp.org/images/0/0d/OWASP_ByLaws.pdf ) The next milestone
update from that team is due by April board meeting. Ongoing the board will
need to review them each year, agree to them and vote in subsequent
modifications as we continue to grow like any other business with bylaws.

You can track updates at:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Board_Meetings and the results.

2.  In 2009 we ran elections, had (4) candidates, (2) were elected. We
utilized a democratic process and documented it:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Board_member  <--- 2009 results format.  We
will be using the same process.  In 2011, (3) seats are up for election:
Jeff Williams, Dave Wichers and Sebastian Deleersnyder. (This was based on
term length so far)  These individuals are encouraged to run for re-election
by peers and/or endorse and support another candidate.   The role will be
come effective in January 2012 after a transition and hand-off period.

3. In 2011 members will cast a ballot (you are on the OWASP Member list
aren't you?)  now is a good time to check.
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership/members  if you are not a
individual member now is a perfect time to renew it.  If you work for a
company that is a corporate supporter and you are the primary point of
contact this only equals =  (1) vote.  Voting rights are assigned to
individuals (yes actual people..) as outlined at:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Membership

So this quick updates means in summary that we are ALMOST ready to proceed,
but there are a few moving parts;

-  April we should be able to [commit] and then we can open a OWASP-ALL
nomination process. It will be very similar to the process to the joining a
global committee, where if you you are a OWASP member, contributor to
projects/chapters and have endorsements of others you can draft your "WHY
ME" and run for one of the 3 seats that will be up for election.

- Candidates will be announced from at the kick-off of the Global AppSec
Europe,  June 9th conference  and elections will follow three months later
at the Global AppSec North America on September 22nd

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_AppSec_Conference  and it also
happens to be our 10 year anniversary at OWASP Foundation.

- If you are still reading this have free time, want to continue to help
evolve a global community consider supporting or running for election
yourself.  Now might be a good time to socialize your desire, get
endorsements at your local chapter(s), asking the global committees for
endorsement based on your accomplishments,  consider releasing that next
owasp project to show folks what you are capable of in collaboration with
others or as a individual and be in sync with what is happening at the
Global Committee's http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Global_Committee_Pages   -
 don't forget to have fun with ALL your volunteer efforts.

Hope this update was helpful?

Tom Brennan
973-202-0122

BTW in case you missed the updates from the Summit see:
http://www.owasp.org/images/2/27/OWASP_Summit_2011_Results.pdf

--
Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum.