[Owasp-boston] OWASP tomorrow mtg

Weiler, Jim Jim.Weiler at starwoodhotels.com
Mon Nov 16 09:57:09 EST 2009

Hi Folks,

After attending pen test training at OWASP AppSec 2009 last week, I
realized there are even more tools out there than I was aware of.  So
just to be clear, even though my topic description had the phrase
'what's out there', tomorrow I'm only going to talk about  web
application vulnerability scannering based on the 3 main commercial
tools I've been looking at and have talked to people about, Cenzic
Hailstorm; IBM AppScan and HP WebInspect. The discussion points will
apply to various other commercial and free tools, but there's not enough
time to cover them all. I'll do another presentation on the rest, maybe
in Jan.

Also, remember the Mush Hakhinian will be presenting his experience with
the free source code quality scanning tool Sonar at tomorrow's meeting.
His company is also buying the pizza.

Jim Weiler   CISSP  CSSLP

Starwood Hotels and Resorts

Sr. Mgr. Information Security Risk Assessment

Office - 781 356 0067

Cell - 781 654 6048

This electronic message transmission contains information from the Company that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received
this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field.