[Owasp-board] Flagship Code Products

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Fri Mar 28 13:01:10 UTC 2014

I see code flagship projects as being

Dependency Check
OWASP HTML Sanitizer
Maybe AntiSamy if they clean their bugs
OWASP Java Encoder
OWASP JSON Sanitizer

THREE of these projects I am project manager of, I applied to get them
reviewed last year and they are all still stuck in incubator stage. I'm
miffed at best. There is so little benefit to doing all of this at OWASP
I am inclined to shift them all to Apache where they will get real
visibility and support. Josh once said he was not going to bring his
project to OWASP and it made me HULK LIKE ANGRY but I finally see his point.

- Jim