[Owasp-appsensor-project] GSoC Introductions

John Melton jtmelton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 03:51:30 UTC 2016

All,

Hadn't noticed the full list had been added to this email, sorry.

However, let me take this opportunity to announce that we have 1 student
(Tim) who has been selected for appsensor in our GSoC program participation
this year. His project is "Machine Learning Trend Monitoring Analysis
Engine". This is definitely a _challenging_ project, but something that
users have been requesting for over a year now, particularly as event
streaming for large data sets has become more and more popular as a
development paradigm. We're very excited to see the work we can accomplish
over the summer.

Juan and Giri have graciously agreed to co-mentor with me. If anyone else
would like to contribute to the process, certainly feel free to chime in,
either on this list or to me directly. It would be particularly great to
have contributors who have skillsets with modern data storage tools
(column-oriented dbs, time series dbs, etc.), streaming tech (spark, samza,
etc.), and queuing systems (kafka, mq systems, etc.). The technology stack
is not set in stone, and will be fleshed out over ~ the next month, so now
is the time to speak up if you have opinions.

Side note: you can expect to see a bit more traffic this summer related to
this project - exciting times ahead!

Thanks,
John