[Owasp-appsensor-project] mentoring for appsensor - GSoC

John Melton jtmelton at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 04:06:11 UTC 2016

All,

OWASP is participating in GSoC again this year, which is great news! We
(appsensor) have submitted to be a part of the program, but that means *we
need mentors*. I'm not sure yet whether or not we will be selected, but I
wanted to get an idea of who would be willing to help me mentor students on
these projects.

In general, the time commitment is around a couple of hours per week for
the summer (~12 weeks). It's pretty flexible on availability. I generally
try to respond to emails within 24 hours and do skype/hangouts for more
immediate questions. With proper planning and good students, this works
pretty well.

If you think you could contribute in this way, please let me know. The
number of mentors we get will determine the number of projects we can take
on.

Thanks,
John