[Owasp-appsensor-project] AppSensor at AppSecEU

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Fri May 29 06:49:02 UTC 2015

We had a few things happening at AppSec EU in Amsterdam last week.
Here's my report:

Project summit
===========

1. Documentation

Timo joined me to review some of the later chapters in the AppSensor
Guide 2.0.1. That work is still ongoing, but I have also started
making the changes identified previously for v2.0.2. WE did make some
progress.

2. Dashboard design

John attempted to join the session remotely, but no-one else attended.
The ideas sent by email, and my ow, have been aggregated here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ez7JBp7xEueFgMtOhEvAeVFcKR4jcgil-PxT6Rxieps/edit?usp=sharing

Delegate bags
===========

The Intro for Developers leaflet was included within every delegate's
bag (500 of them). I have no information on whether that was useful. I
suppose we will see if there is an increase in microsite visits, or
usage of AppSensor.

CISO track
========

Tobias kindly agreed for me to hand out copies of the CISO Briefing to
each attendee of his first talk in the CISO track. I handed out about
50 copies. The audience targeting was good. I didn't receive any
particular feedback. Some extra copies were left on the OWASP booth as
a free take-away.

Other
=====

I also had 20 copies of the AppSensor Guide, and gave these away to
various people when I got talking to them about AppSensor.

I noted a couple of new vendor products that use similar ideas. One
for instrumenting code, and one for detecting changes to the DOM.

There was no AppSensor presentation in any track, or training.

Hopefully we can do some similar initiatives at AppSec USA in San
Francisco this September.

Regards

Colin