[Owasp-appsensor-project] DHS & Georgia Tech Grant Funding Potential

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Mon Aug 12 20:33:04 UTC 2013

I have discussed this a little with Samantha.  Apparently there is an
opportunity to fund marketing, promotion, reviewing, development, and
writing expense, but not for example travel.

A couple of suggestions:

1.  fund a competition for the best implementation, demonstrations,
supporting applications (e.g. $5,000 first, three $2000 runners up and
five $1,000s plus some admin costs for running it?)

2.  pay to print and distribute further copies of the upcoming v2
Guide (e.g. to give them away at developer events, perhaps in the US
only?)

But we have an opportunity to write this by end of tomorrow and submit
for 2013, or wait a year and do it in 2014. I think we should put some
sort of bid in, the question is what for. I can spend some time
tomorrow writing up, if other contributors on this list can provide a
steer as to what they think is achievable and might gain support. I
think both of the ideas above avoid paying volunteers.

Colin