[Owasp-appsensor-project] CERT/CC - "Network Monitoring for Web-Based Threats" released

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Mon Mar 7 23:44:10 EST 2011

An interesting document.  It steps through the an attacker's methodology for attacking an application, closely following the OWASP Web Application Penetration Testing Guide, and provides details to understand the attack.  This is followed by a section of  "Detection/Prevention Methods". At first I thought this would be similar to the AppSensor project, but upon further reading it seems to be more of a lockdown guide. For example, make sure to not leak information through error codes.

Its a probably a good read (I just skimmed it). We may be able to glean a few more detection points that we might have missed.

Michael Coates
OWASP
http://michael-coates.blogspot.com