[Owasp-appsensor-project] Presentations in Europe during May and June

Colin Watson colin.watson at owasp.org
Thu Jun 9 13:54:13 EDT 2011

An update on these presentations...

The presentation at the ISSD Conference in London on 19th May was
received well, but again interest in "who is doing this" as if in
disbelief.  However many people clearly got the idea and were
impressed.  I hadn't watched Michael's presentation to OWASP
Minneapolis St Paul at that time, otherwise would have mentioned the
"large insurance company" too.

In Athens at the OWASP Greece training day, there was an audience of
140 - most of whom were developers.  Lots of questions on the
practically of adding these ideas, and one about using it for anomaly
detection.

At AppSec EU today, I had a question about which frameworks offered
support (ESAPI and Shiro), the potential effect of adding more
vulnerabilities by adding more code (certainly possible), whether
syslog could be used for signalling (yes).  My live demonstration of
example AppSensor dashboards was slightly hindered by some display
resolution problems with the projector, but I have uploaded the videos
of the demos to YouTube:

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCaYREAyiRg

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ5zGQ-XLkk

The AppSec EU presentation will appear on the OWASP wiki in due course.

Colin