[Owasp-appsensor-project] Filter HashMaps and Thread Safety

Owen Berger owen.k.berger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 21:52:19 EDT 2011

This is my first time on the appsensor list, so please let me know if my
questions have been asked before and I missed it.

-What is the best way to implement a thread-safe version of the Static
HashMap used in the User Agent and Client IP filters?

-Are the Maps thread-safe as is, e.g. as Static maps inside the filter, or
would a singleton using a ConcurrentHashMap do the same or better job for a
web application where state is needed?

-I would like to make the maps subject to a cleaner that removes all of the
old map entries utilizing a Job in Quartz, so is that still possible in the
filter if I use the Static HashMap?

Thanks for any help or direction,

-Owen