[Owasp-appsensor-project] Change to Detection Points - SE5 Source IP Address Changes During Session

Ryan Barnett rcbarnett at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 16:47:48 EDT 2010

We need to make sure that it is clear as to what the purpose/goal is for each detection
point.  There are a number of new detection items that Colin sent (this one, change in
User-Agent string, etc...) whose real goal is to try and alert when we think that there
may be an indication of some sort of Session Hijacking attack occurring.  Flagging changes
to IP (network block) or User-Agent value is easy to do however it also may be prone to
false positives and negatives.  We actually have just added this type of Session Hijacking
detection to the latest ModSecurity CRS v2.0.7.

Perhaps there should be a parent category for Fraud Detection?

--
Ryan C. Barnett
WASC Web Hacking Incident Database Project Leader