[Global_education_committee] Google Summer of Code

Jason Li jason.li at owasp.org
Wed Feb 15 13:11:13 UTC 2012

Fabio,

That's great if you have some time!

Our previous app was denied without much explanation so I don't know exactly what would help our application.

I *suspect* though it was because our project idea list (https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Request_for_Proposal_List) was somewhat pie in the sky rather than concrete tangible things.

Unfortunately, in the past (as in the present), the GSoC application period seems to sneak up on us and project leaders usually can't turn around some concrete ideas for improving their projects before the deadline.

Therefore I think having a few concrete goals or ideas for ZAP (and/or other OWASP projects) will help the application.

I'll see if I can dig up our previous application so you have a starting point...

-Jason