[Global_conference_committee] Summit Planning - Draft RFP

Sarah Baso sarah.baso at owasp.org
Mon Jan 30 19:45:41 UTC 2012

Link to meeting minutes from today's call:
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/1gSJQZz2wK6RrA6IgGnE83o_Dm4TuLVkL65HnmXXLadc/edit

Proposed questions for RFP:  If you have comments/changes, please send by
Jan-31 EOD, otherwise I will proceed with mailing out on Feb 1.
*

   - Requirements for submission:
         - Local OWASP Planning team
         - Location of venue
         - Proposed dates (target Q1 2013)
            - 5 nights, 4 days event

   - Nearest int’l airport (name and distance)
            - OWASP travel support will estimate travel costs
            - What countries will require a Visa?

   - Event costs for :
            - Minimum # of rooms:
            - 1 Room to include everyone (300)
            - 2 Rooms for 150
            - 3 Rooms for 30
            - Staff Room
            - Storage Room
            - (list additional available space)
            - Provide floor plan

   - Food & Beverage
            - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for 300
            - Quotation on a reception (beer & wine) 2 hours
            - Provide full menu with pricing
            - Costs for hosted alcoholic beverages

   - Lodging:
            - 5 Nights accommodation for 300 double occupancy
            - What group accommodations are available (villas, houses,
            cabins)

   - Logistics
            - Transportation between lodging and meeting space,
            international airport, main city (tourist places)
            - Ability to support video cameras in each room

   - Network
            - Cost for 10 MB down 5 Up unrestricted Internet minimum
            - Ability to deploy our own event network (for infrastructure
            such as collaboration servers and streaming servers)
            - Availability of convenience network for attendees
            - Accessibility of patch panel
            - Availability of us putting in or “own” Internet

   - Why are you the coolest place ever? Sell us on why we should pick you
         location...

*
Thanks!
Sarah Baso