[Global_conference_committee] Welcome new GCC Members

John Wilander john.wilander at owasp.org
Tue Apr 5 16:11:42 EDT 2011

Mohd, I'm delighted to have someone from Southeast Asia on the committee! I
studied one semester at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore and
got the chance to visit KL, JB, Mersing, Tioman Island and the Malaysian
jungle in the south. I hope all is well in your country!

Ben, happy to have you aboard! Your excellent blog post on the point of
security conferences not only gave me food for thought but also a one hour
laugh. Why? Well, it made look up the definition of the American slang
"pissing contest" which you use to explain parts of what you dislike at
current conferences. Others – Ben's blog post here:
http://www.secureconsulting.net/2011/01/whats_the_point_of_conferences.html,
definition of pissing contest here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pissing_contest (it is funny, not just gross).

   Regards, John