[Global_conference_committee] ACTION REQUIRED: New "Rochester Security Summit " event application

Ralph Durkee ralph.durkee at owasp.org
Mon Apr 4 13:19:50 EDT 2011

They talked about it, and the RSS, ISSA and local OWASP leadership
didn't seem to think the formal revenue loss/share agreement was not
appropriate, necessary or fit well with the typical partnership
agreement.  We didn't have a formal agreement last year, and yet there
was informal revenue sharing through the chapter donation.  For one
thing it would seem inappropriate for the GCC / and/or the OWASP board
to agree to a potential revenue loss, for a third party conference.  it
certainly brings a lot of complexity to something that should be a
simple agreement similar to other partner conferences.

-- Ralph