[Global_chapter_committee] Committee Goals and Objectives for 2012

Seba seba at owasp.org
Sat Jan 21 09:16:56 UTC 2012

we have the 2012 Committee Goals
https://docs.google.com/a/owasp.org/document/d/19ffAsXz7ckhUxnwTuRsteKCN92T16h0iCn__n4Ts1tc/edit?hl=en_US

Global Chapters CommitteeTo provide the support required by the local
chapters to thrive and contribute to the overall mission and goals of OWASP.
GoalsOperational Support for Chapters
Associated Activities:

   - Chapter creation
   - Reviving inactive chapters
   - Cleaning up defunct chapters

Performance Metrics:

   - Service level promise (2 weeks, proposed) for new chapter requests
   - Bi-annual assessment of chapter activity, revive or mark inactive

Funding Requirements:

   - Support staff

Chapter Leader Handbook Update
Associated Activities:

   - Solicitation of comments on 2011 Chapter Leader Handbook (v.3)

Performance Metrics:

   - Minor or major updates to the handbook based on the feedback from
   chapter leaders

Funding Requirements:

   - None

Chapter Nurturing Program
Associated Activities:

   - Shipment of OWASP merchandise to requesting chapters
   - Providing seed funding to new chapters to supporting their first
   meeting

Performance Metrics:

   - Prudent use of funds

Funding Requirements:

   - OWASP merchandise cost and shipping fees
   - Seed funding for the first meeting

OWASP on the Move
Associated Activities:

   - Handling of funding requests by chapters
   - Coordinating OWASP speaker tours

Performance Metrics:

   - At least two OWASP speaker tours
   - Prudent use of funds

Funding Requirements:

   - Speaker travel costs

Chapter Leader Summit
Associated Activities:

   - Chapter leader summits in AppSec conferences (at least Europe and
   North America)

Performance Metrics:

   - Chapter Leader Handbook updated based on feedback from workshops
   - Face-to-face discussions between chapter leaders and OWASP staff,
   global committee chairs and members

Funding Requirements:

   - Workshop costs
   - Travel costs for chapter leaders without enough chapter funds

University Chapter Program (in cooperation with membership and education
committees)
Associated Activities:

   - Creation of university chapters

Performance Metrics:

   - At least 5 university chapters created

Funding Requirements: