[GPC] [Global_chapter_committee] [Global_conference_committee] "Speakers" Sub Committee

Tin Zaw tin.zaw at owasp.org
Sun Mar 13 18:34:23 EDT 2011

Hi Christian,

Thank you for taking an initiative on the speaker project.

I would propose that instead of calling it a "subcommittee", we just
keep it as Speaker Project, coordinated between GCC, Chapter Committee
and GPC.

A couple of thoughts though.

"OWASP-on-the-Move" budget should be coordinated by Chapter Committee
as it is intended as a resource for chapter, especially smaller and
newer ones, and hence falls into the area that Chapter Committee
coordinates. It was not intended for bringing speakers to the
conferences.

The burden of choosing speakers should fall upon chapter leaders and
conference organizers as they are ultimately responsible for success
of chapters and conferences. GCC and Speaker Project will be great
resources for the leaders and organizers.

"Tours" are a good area that Speaker Project can help coordinate, with
funding provided by OotM and local chapter funds.

--
Tin Zaw, CISSP, CSSLP
Chapter Leader and President, OWASP Los Angeles Chapter