[GPC] Your project - OWASP JBroFuzz - has been identified as INACTIVE - Action is required!

Subere subere at uncon.org
Mon May 11 09:58:42 EDT 2009

Hi Jason, based on your response, let's get cracking I would say. I do
not have edit permissions on the spreadsheet, so answers below. Finally,
I have noticed that you are looking for a maintainer for WebScarab, if
you all see it fit, I would like to volunteer for that.

Timestamp

16:25 11/05/2009

What is your name and email address?

Yiannis Pavlosoglou subere at uncon.org

Who are you?

Project Owner

What is the name of your project?

JBroFuzz

Project Type

Tool

Project Home Page

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_JBroFuzz
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbrofuzz

Mailing List

owasp-jbrofuzz at lists.owasp.org

License

GPL v3

Related Projects

WebScarab, DirBuster

Is the project actively maintained?

Yes, much more than maintained; based on the roadmap there are key
features still pending to be added.

What is the latest version of your project?

1.3 is current, 1.4 due in late May.

When was this latest version released (if applicable)?

March 2009.

Availability

Sourceforge & Subversion Repository

Availability Link

https://jbrofuzz.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/jbrofuzz

Availability Explanation

Standard Sourceforge Release Quality Application. Available in compiled
form for Win32/64, MacOSX, *nix.

Project Sponsors

Spring of Code 2007.

Would you be interested in the OWASP Global Projects Committee
considering your project for an industry sponsorship?

Yes, it would definitely help implement faster some of the key features
towards automation and graphing, let alone finally put in writting as a
pdf a JBroFuzz Tutorial guide.

If not, what is the reason that you do not wish to be considered for
industry partnership?

n/a

What is the current quality level of the project?

Do not get me started on this!

Quality Rating

10/10

Quality Explanation

All reported unstable pieces have been removed from the source code;
there is no reported bit of functionality that does operate as expected.
The source code has even being scanned by Fortify with no high risk
confirmed issues being reported.

Usability Rating

10/10

Usability Explanation

The old motto used to be: "if you can't fuzz with JBroFuzz, you probably
don't want to fuzz!". Shortcuts have been added (Ctrl + L), JBroFuzz has
its own file format that helps share vulnerabilities identified through
a single file, cross platform.

Usage Rating

10/10

Usage Explanation

For the visibility that has been given to this project, in its 2 1/2
year timespan it has had more than 14000 downloads reported on
sourceforge statistics and is part of a number of security distros.

Relevance Rating

10/10

Relevance Explanation:

Well, it is only a HTTP/S fuzzer; no more, no less.