[GPC] New Project Identification template/List of projects to begin with

Paulo Coimbra paulo.coimbra at owasp.org
Mon Jun 29 11:55:55 EDT 2009

Committee,

In the last GPC's meeting its present members have agreed with the idea of
sharing the task of spreading the new Project Identification frame
http://tinyurl.com/mu7vr5 through all OWASP projects.

I was charged with the task of building up a list of prioritized projects to
begin with. I've proposed we could start with the list of projects that had
answered our questionnaire "OWASP Projects Spring 2009 Self Update"
questionnaire http://tinyurl.com/lc7zn5 and it was accepted.

When I was putting all the projects together, the adding up of the new
projects that are waiting to be set up seemed adequate and I did so.

The final list is here http://tinyurl.com/l3cm4o. I've sort it out by
alphabetical order. It has 66 projects and I've already put 15 of them under
my responsibility.

However, Dinis and I, in our last Friday's meeting, have agreed with
proposing you we all wait until further notice before spreading the
template.

The reasoning for this proposal is the solution that Dinis has came up with
involving a new way of using templates to minimize the wiki edition
complexity and to maximize the possibility of managing and exhibiting the
information gathered in the Project identification frame. I was told to
study the best path to implement it and I am still doing so. Consequently,
we think this task of spreading the new template should better be postponed
until we verify whether the new solution can be efficiently implemented.

If you are curious about Dinis' solution please see the following links:

Raw data:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Live_CD_Project_ProjectInform
ation

View templates:

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Template:Release_Information_Table

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Template:Project_Information_Table

Page that the audience/public goes to:

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_Live_CD_Project_TemplateTest

Nevertheless, I suppose this issue can be discussed in our today's meeting.

Many thanks,

Paulo Coimbra,

 <https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Main_Page> OWASP Project Manager