[Esapi-dev] Classic ASP's "HomoXSSuality"

Patrick Higgins patrick.allen.higgins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 14:27:20 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Chris Schmidt <chrisisbeef at gmail.com> wrote:
> On a related not - is anyone aware of any tool to build a language agnostic
> set of tests that can be applied to a codebase? My first thought would be

I don't know of a tool for this, but I would just write regression
tests that take in an input file, processes it, and write out an
output file which is compared to a known correct answer.

Then, we just have to maintain the input file and correct answers once
for all languages, and write a test harness for reading input files
and writing output files in each language along with the code to run
the specific tests on each file. It's not a trivial effort, but it's a
pretty clean and simple way to attack the problem. The biggest issue I
know of with that approach is dealing with platform differences in
end-of-line characters.

--Patrick